Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience – Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website – We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service – Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To notify you in the case of an emergency. In the event of a water outage or other emergency, citizens will need to be notified.
- We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, or protect ours or others rights, properly, or safely.
- The information we automatically collect or store may be used to improve the content of our web services and to help us understand how people are using our services.
To process transactions – We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating the Site, conducting our business, or serving you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may analyze our Site logs to continually improve the value of the materials available on our Site. Our website logs are not personally identifiable, and we make no attempt to link them with the individuals that browse the Site.
If during your visit to this Site, you participate in a survey, send an email, fill out a feedback form, or subscribe to a newsletter or RSS feed, the following additional information will be collected:
- Surveys: Any information you volunteered in response to a survey including any personal identification/contact information provided;
- Email correspondence: The email address, contents of the e-mail and any personal identification/contact information you provide;
- Feedback Forms: All comments you have provided and any personal identification/contact information you have also provided;
- Newsletter/RSS feed: email (required), first name and last name (optional), and time stamp.
All information available through the Site is a public record. California Government Code Section 6520 et seq contains the California Public Records Act which governs the disclosure of public information