Billing Schedules for FY23 Delivery and Capacity Charges
- Invoice Mailing – No later than the 10th working day of the month following the Invoice Month.
- Payment Due – By 2:00 p.m. on the 10th working day of the month following Invoice Mailing.
- Working Days – Exclude Water Authority holidays and dark Fridays.
- Bank Holidays – That are not Water Authority holidays are counted as working days and are counted as a business day to remit payments. The Water Authority does not recognize a bank holiday as a non-working day (ex. Columbus Day).
- Capacity Charges – Capacity charges collected by a Member Agency during the prior three (3) calendar months are due on or before 2:00 p.m. of the last day of the month of January, April, July and October of each year. If the payment due date falls on a day that is not a SDCWA working day, the payment is due the next working day before 2:00 p.m. or is delinquent.
- Delinquency Charge – Payment is to be made by the stated Due Date. The amount due shall be delinquent if not received in investable funds in full by 2:00 p.m. on the Due Date. There will be a delinquency charge of two percent (2%) on the unpaid amount for each month, or any portion thereof, that the payment remains delinquent. If the delinquency does not exceed five (5) business days, the delinquency charge shall be reduced to one percent (1%) of the delinquent amount. A payment remains delinquent and will continue to be assessed a delinquency charge on the unpaid amount so long as any portion of the original payment amount or of the delinquency charge, remains unpaid. Any protest of a payment must be filled concurrently with full payment of the amount due.
- In September 2022, the Board adopted a policy permitting the General Manager to waive penalties and interest on any delinquent payment of fees, rates, or charges by a Member Agency or other persons so long as the amount does not exceed $5,000, and as to Member Agencies: (1) as to water bills, payment was not more than three calendar days delinquent; and (2) as to capacity charge bills, payment was not more than thirty (30) days delinquent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if a Member Agency has been delinquent more than once in the prior 12 months, the Board must approve the waiver.