BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AND STANDING COMMITTEES’
9:00 A.M. JANUARY 26, 2023
WATER AUTHORITY HEADQUARTERS BUILDING
4677 OVERLAND AVENUE, SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA
The meeting will be open to the public and accessible electronically by going to this web link: https://www.sdcwa.org/meetings-and-documents and then clicking the link listed below “LIVE STREAM” on the right hand side of the page.
- UNIFIED AGENDA: This unified agenda provides a brief description of each item to be considered by the Board and its Administrative and Finance, Engineering and Operations, Imported Water, Legislation and Public Outreach, and Water Planning and Environmental Committees. For convenience, the agenda for each of the Committees and for the formal Board meeting are stated separately; however, all agendas shall be considered as a single agenda and any item listed on the agenda of any Committee may be acted upon by the Board. All items on the agenda of any Committee, including information items, may be deliberated and become subject to action by the Board.
- DOCUMENTS: Staff reports and other public information provided to the Board or Committee before the meeting relating to items on the agenda are available for public review on the Water Authority website at https://www.sdcwa.org/meetings-and-documents. Additional documents may be distributed at the meeting electronically, and will be made available. Copies of individual items are available through the Clerk of the Board at (858) 522-6614.
- MEETING TIMES: The morning session of the Standing Committees will commence at 9:00 a.m. on January 26, 2023, and any afternoon session of the Standing Committees may commence at the conclusion of the morning session and earlier than 1:00 p.m. Please see the meeting schedule. The meeting of the full Board may begin as early as 2:00 p.m. or as soon thereafter as the last Committee meeting is completed.
- ACTION AT COMMITTEE MEETINGS: Committee meeting are also noticed as meetings of the Board because a quorum of the Board may be present. Members of the Board who are not members of the Committee may participate in the meeting, but only members of the Committee may make, second or vote on any motion or other action of the Committee unless the Board determines to convene for consideration of action on an item or items on the Committee agenda. Items receiving substantive review by a standing committee are generally included on the Consent Calendar for action at the meeting of full Board. Closed Sessions also occur at Committee meetings and may not be repeated at the formal Board meeting.
- CONSENT CALENDAR: The agenda contains items listed on a consent calendar which is for matters considered routine or otherwise not requiring further deliberation. A Committee or the Board will take action as recommended by one motion. There will be no individual discussion on such items prior to the vote unless an item is removed for discussion.
- PUBLIC HEARING: It is not necessary to notify the Chair if a member of the public wishes to speak on items listed on the agenda as public hearings. Public hearings will begin at the time stated in the notice, or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard. When the Chair opens the hearing, upon invitation from the Chair, step to the podium and begin by giving your name and address for the record. Each speaker has 3 minutes to address the Board.
- PUBLIC COMMENTS: Public comment requests may be made before the meeting, or before public comment closes at the meeting, by submitting your telephone number or written comment to: PUBLICCOMMENTS@SDCWA.ORG. Written correspondence will be read as time allows (three-minute limit). Speaker request forms will be available to the public attending in person.
Public comments can also be made by joining via zoom at: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89496629730?pwd=atqwwwt2czvssw1rwgf2rnjeq05jzz09
Passcode: 380556 or join by phone only at 1 253 205 0468.
Enter the meeting id 894 9662 9730 and passcode 380556 when prompted.
One touch mobile dialing can be accessed here: +12532050468,,89496629730#,,,,*380556#
Before the public comment period has begun, please use the raise hand feature
in zoom so you can be recognized by the clerk to speak in the order received.
If attending by phone dial *9 to raise your hand. The clerk will recognize you and unmute your microphone or phone for the comment period. It may be necessary to rejoin the zoom meeting for public comment after a closed session has concluded. The public meeting can be monitored at all times at https://sdcwa.12milesout.com. After a closed session has concluded, the public can join and request to speak during the appropriate public comment period as stated above.
Members of the public will be given an opportunity to address each Standing Committee on any item listed their respective agendas, posted below, at the time the Standing Committee is considering the item.
During the Formal Board of Directors Meeting, members of the public will be given an opportunity to address the Board on items of interest within the subject matter of the Board, but not listed on the agenda (general public comment). Members of the public will also be given an opportunity to comment on any item on the Formal Board Agenda that was not previously addressed by a Standing Committee. No public comment will be taken on any item previously considered by Standing Committee unless the Board Chair determines that an item has changed substantially. Each speaker is allowed to speak up to three minutes per agenda item. The Presiding Officer shall, however, exercise discretion to determine whether such period of time should be reduced or extended based upon such factors as the length of the agenda or substance of the agenda items, the number of public comment speaker cards submitted, the need for the Board to conclude its business as expeditiously as is practicable, and whether the Board is at risk of losing a quorum, among other factors
8. INFORMATION ITEMS: Items are listed on the agenda as informational based on staff’s judgement. Circumstances or the committee’s or Board’s judgements may require deliberation or, if necessary, action on these items. Any member of the public with an interest in one of these items should review the background material and request information on the possible action that could be taken.
9. ASSISTANCE FOR THE DISABLED: If you are disabled in any way and need accommodation to participate in the Board meeting, please call the Clerk of the Board at (858) 522-6614 for assistance at least three (3) working days prior to the meeting so the necessary arrangements can be made.
10. RULES GOVERNING MEETINGS: The Water Authority’s Administrative Code Chapter 2.00 governs conduct of meetings of the Board and the Committees. The Administrative Code is available online at www.sdcwa.org.