BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ AND STANDING COMMITTEES’
9:00 A.M. NOVEMBER 17, 2022
WATER AUTHORITY HEADQUARTERS BUILDING
4677 OVERLAND AVENUE, SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA
This notice provides the public with information related to board meetings, agendas, public hearings, public comment, and participation in Board meetings for disabled persons.
[NOTICE: THE MEETING WILL BE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND ACCESSIBLE ELECTRONICALLY BY GOING TO THIS WEB LINK:
https://www.sdcwa.org/meetings-and-documents AND THEN CLICKING THE LINK LISTED BELOW “LIVE STREAM” ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE PAGE.
PUBLIC COMMENT REQUESTS MAY BE MADE BEFORE THE MEETING, OR BEFORE PUBLIC COMMENT CLOSES AT THE MEETING, BY SUBMITTING YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER OR WRITTEN COMMENT TO: PUBLICCOMMENTS@SDCWA.ORG. WRITTEN CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE READ AS TIME ALLOWS (THREE MINUTE LIMIT). SPEAKER REQUEST FORMS WILL BE AVILABLE TO THE PUBLIC ATTENDING IN PERSON.
IF MODIFICATIONS OR ACCOMMODATIONS FROM INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES ARE REQUIRED, SUCH PERSONS SHOULD PROVIDE A REQUEST AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING BY E-MAIL TO THE WATER AUTHORITY GENERAL COUNSEL AT DEDWARDS@SDCWA.ORG
- UNIFIED AGENDA: This unified agenda provides a brief description of each item to be considered by the Board and its Administrative and Finance, Engineering and Operations, Imported Water, Legislation and Public Outreach, and Water Planning and Environmental Committees. For convenience, the agenda for each of the Committees and for the Formal Board meeting are stated separately; however, all agendas shall be considered as a single agenda and any item listed on the agenda of any Committee, including information items, may be deliberated and become subject to action by the Board.
- DOCUMENTS: Staff reports and any other public information provided to the Board or Committee before the meeting relating to items on the agenda are available for public review on the Water Authority website at https://www.sdcwa.org/meetings-and-documents. Additional documents may be distributed at the meeting electronically, and will be made available. Copies of individual items are available through the Clerk of the Board at (858) 522-6614.
- MEETING TIMES: The morning session of the Standing Committees will commence at 9:00 a.m. on November 17, 2022, and any afternoon session of the Standing Committees may commence at the conclusion of the morning session and earlier than 1:00 p.m. Please see the meeting schedule. The meeting of the full Board may begin as early as 1:00 p.m. or as soon thereafter as the last Committee meeting is completed.
- ACTION AT COMMITTEE MEETINGS: Committee meetings are also noticed as meetings of the Board because a quorum of the Board may be present. Member of the Board who are not members of the Committee may participate in the meeting, but only members of the Committee may make, second or vote on any motion or other action of the Committee unless the Board determines to convene for consideration of action on an item or items on the Committee agenda. Items receiving substantive review by a standing committee are generally included on the Consent Calendar for action at the meeting of the full Board. Closed Sessions also occur at Committee meetings and may not be repeated at the formal Board meeting.
- CONSENT CALENDAR: The agenda contains items listed on a consent calendar which is for matters considered routine or otherwise not requiring further deliberation. A Committee or the Board will take action as recommended by one motion. There will be no individual discussion on such items prior to the vote unless an item is removed for discussion.
- PUBLIC HEARINGS OR COMMENT: Any comments related to a public hearing should be made as stated in the special notice section above.
- ACCESS FOR THE DISABLED: See above notice.
- INFORMATION ITEMS: Items are listed on the agenda as information based on staff’s judgement. Circumstances or the Committee’s or Board’s judgements may require deliberation or, if necessary, action on these items. Any member of the public with an interest in one of these items should review the background material and request information on the possible action that could be taken.
- RULES GOVERNING MEETINGS: The Water Authority’s Administrative Code Chapter 2.00 governs conduct of meetings of the Board and the Committees. The Administrative Code is available online at www.sdcwa.org.