Free WaterSmart Landscape Makeover Workshop Series Begins in February
January 31, 2013
The San Diego County Water Authority is again teaming with the San Diego Botanic Garden and MiraCosta College to sponsor…
The San Diego County Water Authority is again teaming with the San Diego Botanic Garden and MiraCosta College to sponsor a series of classes about WaterSmart Landscape Makeovers starting Feb. 23.
|Makeover class dates
The free classes, made possible in part by a grant from the Hans & Margaret Doe Charitable Trust, will be held at the Botanic Garden, 230 Quail Gardens Drive in Encinitas.
The program is designed to supplement the Water Authority’s “A Homeowner’s Guide to a WaterSmart Landscape”by teaching participants essential hands-on steps for removing turf and successfully retrofitting home landscapes to be more water-efficient.
For priority enrollment, applications should be submitted by Friday, Feb. 8 to firstname.lastname@example.org by fax to (760) 632-0917. Space is limited and the series will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Own and occupy their home
- Possess a functional in-ground irrigation system with a controller (timer)
- Commit to, and have the financial ability to, retrofit one irrigated section of turf to a low-water-use landscape
- Attend all three workshops and two design coaching sessions
- Have an email address, internet access and access to a camera(digital preferred)
The application form is at http://www.sdbgarden.org/classes.htm.