Water Authority Debuts New Website
October 28, 2010
The San Diego County Water Authority has redeveloped its website, www.sdcwa.org to help the public find information faster and easier through…
The San Diego County Water Authority has redeveloped its website, www.sdcwa.org to help the public find information faster and easier through improved site navigation, more comprehensive search functions, and enhanced content.
The new website also integrates with smart phone technology and social media applications, allowing visitors to easily view content on mobile devices and share information from the website on Facebook, Twitter, slideshare, and other popular networking platforms.
A key feature of the new website is the incorporation of RSS feeds and email updates, which allow visitors to subscribe to notifications of Board meetings, financial and contracting information, news releases, and additional Water Authority-related topics.
Other enhancements to the site include:
- Expanded reporting of comprehensive financial and budgetary information.
- A news center that includes the ability to subscribe to a news feed to get the latest local, state, and national water-related news.
- Legislative information, including Water Authority positions on pending bills.
- Enhanced content enabling small businesses to easily monitor contracting opportunities and bid awards.
- Live audio on the homepage, allowing the public to listen to monthly Board meetings.
- Water district locater, enabling customers to enter their zip code or district name to find contact information for their local water agency.
The San Diego County Water Authority sustains a $268 billion regional economy and the quality of life for 3.3 million residents through a multi-decade water supply diversification plan, major infrastructure investments and forward-thinking policies that promote fiscal and environmental responsibility. A public agency created in 1944, the Water Authority delivers wholesale water supplies to 24 retail water providers, including cities, special districts and a military base.
Media Contact Information
Phone: (949) 276-1675