The Operations and Maintenance Department's mission is to operate and maintain the Water Authority's aqueduct delivery system in a reliable fashion and at a reasonable cost to the member agencies.
An Inside Look - The Operations and Maintenance Department
The Operations and Maintenance Department (O&M) operates and maintains Water Authority field assets. Items under O&M’s purview include:
- Approximately 300 miles of large-diameter pipeline
- Approximately 100 flow control facilities
- Approximately 1,600 appurtenant structures
- Approximately 1,400 acres of rights of way
- 4 hydroelectric facilities
- 6 pump stations
- Flow regulatory and diversion structures
- Olivenhain Dam & Reservoir
- Twin Oaks Valley Water Treatment Plant
O&M is organized into five functional areas including Administration, System Operations, System Maintenance, Water Quality, and Operational Planning. The O&M Department is located at the Fred A. Heilbron Operations Center at 610 West 5th Avenue, Escondido CA 92025.