The San Diego County Water Authority is again teaming with the San Diego Botanic Garden and MiraCosta College to sponsor a series of classes about WaterSmart Landscape Makeovers starting Feb. 23.
Makeover class dates
The free classes, made possible in part by a grant from the Hans & Margaret Doe Charitable Trust, will be held at the Botanic Garden, 230 Quail Gardens Drive in Encinitas.
The program is designed to supplement the Water Authority’s “A Homeowner’s Guide to a WaterSmart Landscape”by teaching participants essential hands-on steps for removing turf and successfully retrofitting home landscapes to be more water-efficient.
For priority enrollment, applications should be submitted by Friday, Feb. 8 to firstname.lastname@example.org by fax to (760) 632-0917. Space is limited and the series will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Own and occupy their home
- Possess a functional in-ground irrigation system with a controller (timer)
- Commit to, and have the financial ability to, retrofit one irrigated section of turf to a low-water-use landscape
- Attend all three workshops and two design coaching sessions
- Have an email address, internet access and access to a camera(digital preferred)
The application form is at http://www.sdbgarden.org/classes.htm.