Enter the Value of Water Photo Contest
May 01, 2021
In celebration of Water Awareness Month in May, the Water Authority and its member agencies are proud to host the Value of Water Photo Contest on Instagram.
Water is essential to everything we do. From our morning routines when we’re making that first cup of coffee — to our evening routines when we’re brushing our teeth before bed. But water is also there for all the fun in-between moments when we’re outdoors and enjoying the best nature has to offer. From surfing San Diego County’s beautiful beaches, to exploring waterfalls in the backcountry, to fishing and boating in the region’s lakes. Water brings so much enjoyment, and it also powers our key industries such as brewing, tourism, manufacturing and agriculture. Show us what the value of water means to you.
Enter the Value of Water Photo Contest on Instagram from May 1-31, 2021, for the chance to win great prizes from local tourist attractions.
HOW TO ENTER
- Take a photo that illustrates what the value of water means to you. The value of water is all around us, in almost everything we do. Have fun and be creative with the theme.
- Post the photo to Instagram between May 1-31, follow and tag the Water Authority @sdcwa, and use #ValueOfWater in your post. Multiple entries will be accepted.
- Contest begins Saturday, May 1, 2021 and ends Monday, May 31, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- Winners will be announced on Instagram the week of May 31, 2021
- Winners chosen based on most “likes” on Instagram
Prizes have been generously donated by local organizations including the Balboa Park Cultural Partnership, Friends of Balboa Park, San Diego Botanic Garden and Water Conservation Garden.
- 1st Prize: 4-pack of Balboa Park Explorer Park Passes + 4 Balboa Park Carousel tickets
- 2nd Prize: 4-pack of tickets to the San Diego Botanic Garden*
- 3rd Prize: 4-pack of tickets to the Water Conservation Garden
*The 2nd Prize winner will have their choice of tickets to the San Diego Botanic Garden (Encinitas) or the Water Conservation Garden (El Cajon).
- Participants must be 18 or older. Winners will be asked to show proof of age.
- To qualify, participants must follow and tag the Water Authority on Instagram @sdcwa, and the post must include the hashtag #ValueofWater.
- Photos will be accepted from May 1-31, 2021. The cutoff time is 5 p.m. on May 31, 2021. Multiple entries will be accepted.
- Winners will be announced on Instagram the week of May 31, 2021.
- Winners chosen based on most “likes” on Instagram.
- Employees and Board members of the Water Authority and their immediate families are not eligible for prizes but may contribute images.
CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Submitting a photo indicates you have read and understood the rules and are knowingly and voluntarily participating in the contest.
- By submitting a photo to the contest, the participant affirms that he or she has obtained written consent from all individuals whose image or likeness appears in the photo. The participant further affirms that he or she has obtained the necessary rights, licenses, consents and permissions to use all material in the photo and warrants to the Water Authority that no copyright or other intellectual property rights are violated by the submission. The participant assumes sole responsibility for the photo and the material contained in it and also for the consequences of the submission.
- Photo submissions must not contain obscenity, explicit sexual material, nudity, profanity, graphic violence, incitement to violence, express commercial solicitation or promotion. Submissions also must not contain content or images that could be considered abusive, inflammatory, denigrating or disrespectful to groups, individuals or institutions. Submissions must be suitable for a public audience.
- The Water Authority reserves the right to disqualify, at its sole and absolute discretion, any submission that does not adhere to these criteria, or to contest rules.
- The Water Authority reserves the right to disqualify submissions that don’t adhere to contest rules and disclaimers.
- The Water Authority reserves the right to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the contest or take any action in its best interest.
- By entering the Photo Contest, participants grant the Water Authority and those authorized by it, a perpetual royalty-free, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce the entries in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational programs, publications, PowerPoint presentations, publicity efforts, and all other standard Water Authority purposes. Participants consent to the Water Authority’s use of their names in any list of winners and for promotional purposes in any media without payment or further consideration.
- Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. The Water Authority will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
- The Water Authority assumes no liability or responsibility for any loss or harm resulting from any user’s participation in or attempt to participate in the contest or ability or inability to upload, download or otherwise access any information in connection with participating in the contest. The Water Authority assumes no responsibility or liability for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with participation in the contest.
- All participants shall hold the Water Authority and its sponsors, directors, officers, employees, and agents (the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against all claims of any nature arising in connection with participant’s entrance in the contest and acceptance or use of a prize. The Indemnified Parties are not liable for any costs, damages, injuries, or other claims incurred as a result of participant’s participation in the contest or winner’s acceptance and usage of a prize. The Indemnified Parties are not responsible for incomplete or misdirected entries, technical or network malfunctions or failures, or causes beyond their control. Participants are solely responsible for their entries.
- Participants may not submit materials that introduce any software viruses, worms or other programs designed to damage software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or that are off-topic, partisan-political, contain advertising, nudity, personal attacks or expletives, or is otherwise abusive, threatening, unlawful, harassing, discriminatory, libelous, obscene, false, sexually explicit, or that infringes on the rights of any third party.
- Participants agree that all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Photo Contest rules or any prize awarded shall be resolved by the appropriate court located in San Diego County. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, participants’ rights and obligations, in connection with the Photo Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California.
- If any of the rules, terms or conditions of this Photo Contest are deemed to be illegal or unenforceable in a legal proceeding, such term or condition shall be severed and become inoperative, and the remainder of the contest rules, terms and conditions shall remain in full force and effect and binding on the participants.