- Mission, Vision, Values & Strategies
- Frequently Asked Questions & Key Facts
- Member Agencies
- Our Offices
- Contact Us
- Board of
- Enhancing Water Supply Reliability
- Future Planning
- Local Supplies
- Imported Supplies
- Water Shortage and Drought Response
- Regional Water Use
- Water Quality
Facilities & Operations
- Construction Projects
- Project & Facility Tours
- Facilities & Operations
- Environmental Programs & Sustainability
- Emergency Preparedness & Security
- Right of Way
- Purchasing Overview
- Small Contractor Outreach and Opportunities Program
- Contracting Opportunities
- Vendor Registration
- Purchasing Resources
- Finance &
- Water Rates & Charges
- Financials / Investor Relations
- Member Agency Dates and General Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Policies, Resolutions & Ordinances
- Community Outreach
& School Programs
- News &
Turf Replacement Incentives Now Available
What’s the Latest?
The San Diego County Water Authority has launched its WaterSmart Turf Replacement Program. The program offers an incentive of $1.50 per square foot to eligible customers within its service area who replace existing, water-intensive turf grass with alternative, water-efficient landscaping.
Program is available to residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional customers within the Water Authority’s service area. Front and side yards are eligible for residential (as long as the yards are visible from the street).
Customers can receive up to $3,000 for residential properties and $9,000 for commercial properties.
Funding is available through California Department of Water Resources and Bureau of Reclamation grants. Incentives will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis until exhausted. Pre-existing turf removal/replacement projects are not eligible for participation in this program.
For full program requirements, landscape criteria, and more details about the program, visit turfreplacement.watersmartsd.org.
Learn how to save water, beautify your landscape, reduce your maintenance, minimize runoff, and conserve energy through the WaterSmart Turf Replacement Program now!