Terms and Conditions
Thank you for visiting the San Diego County Water Authority website (this Site). By accessing the Site, you accept these terms and conditions without limitation.
- The content of the Site is provided "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY and FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- You agree to hold harmless and indemnify the San Diego County Water Authority, its officers, and employees from and against any damages based on your use of content of this Site.
Links to Other Sites - A Disclaimer
The San Diego County Water Authority, any officer, or employee of the San Diego Water Authority do not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information published by any listed sites, and do not endorse any content, viewpoint, product, or service of a linked site. The San Diego County Water Authority, its officers, employees, and agents are not liable for any losses caused by reliance on the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of information of a linked site.. Any person that relies on any information obtained from the linked site does so at his or her own risk.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience – Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website – We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service – Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To notify you in the case of an emergency. In the event of a water outage or other emergency, citizens will need to be notified.
- We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, or protect ours or others rights, properly, or safely.
- The information we automatically collect or store may be used to improve the content of our web services and to help us understand how people are using our services.
To process transactions – We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating the Site, conducting our business, or serving you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may analyze our Site logs to continually improve the value of the materials available on our Site. Our website logs are not personally identifiable, and we make no attempt to link them with the individuals that browse the Site.
If during your visit to this Site, you participate in a survey, send an email, fill out a feedback form, or subscribe to a newsletter or RSS feed, the following additional information will be collected:
- Surveys: Any information you volunteered in response to a survey including any personal identification/contact information provided;
- Email correspondence: The email address, contents of the e-mail and any personal identification/contact information you provide;
- Feedback Forms: All comments you have provided and any personal identification/contact information you have also provided;
- Newsletter/RSS feed: email (required), first name and last name (optional), and time stamp.
All information available through the Site is a public record. California Government Code Section 6520 et seq contains the California Public Records Act which governs the disclosure of public information
We use your email address to respond appropriately. This may be to respond to you, to address issues you identify, to further improve our Site, or to forward the email to another agency for appropriate action. Survey information is used for the purpose designated.
All information collected on the Site becomes a public record.. In California the Public Records Act ensures that government is open, and that the public has a right to access appropriate records and information in the government’s possession. Certain exemptions exist for the privacy of individuals. For example, certain personal information such as an individual’s social security number would not be subject to disclosure.
The San Diego County Water Authority will take reasonable precautions to maintain the security, confidentiality, and integrity of the information it collects at the Site including, but not limited to, authentication, monitoring, and auditing. Security measures have been integrated into the design, implementation and day-to-day practices of the entire Site. However, this is no guarantee of confidentiality. If you are communicating sensitive information, consider sending it in by postal mail or contacting the San Diego County Water Authority by phone.
A cookie is a small text file created by a web server and stored on your computer hard drive. Cookies save unique information that the web server can access while you are browsing the Site. Typically, cookies save information such as your site preferences, the date you last looked at a specific page, or a random number used to identify your particular web session. Cookies help us measure how many visitors come to our Site and how many of these visitors are new or returning.
Cookies placed on your computer by our web management tools are written so they can only be used by our web tools, and they only retrieve specific information. We do not gather information from you, from other cookie files, or access any other information on your computer. Most web browsers allow you to deny or accept the cookie feature (refer to your browser's help function for details).
Access and Correction of Personal Information
You can review any personal information the San Diego County Water Authority website collects about you. You may recommend changes to your personal information you believe in error by submitting a written request that credibly shows the error. If you believe that your personal information is being used for a purpose other than what was intended when submitted, you may contact us. In all cases, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making correction. See Contact Information section.
If changes are made the Policy will show the date it was last modified..