- Mission, Vision, Values, & Strategies
- Frequently Asked Questions & Key Facts
- Member Agencies
- Our Offices
- Contact Us
- Water Shortage and Drought Response
- Planning & Diversifying Our Water Resources
- Future Planning
- Local Water Management
- Imported Water Management
- Water Use
- Water Quality
- Water Rates & Charges
- Emergency Preparedness & Security
- Projects, Facilities
- Construction Projects
- Environmental Programs & Sustainability
- Right of Way
- Facilities & Operations
- Water Authority in the Community
- Mobile News App
- MWD Facts
Mobile News App
The San Diego County Water Authority now has a water news mobile app! Get instant access to the region’s latest water news on your smart phone. The app provides you with Water Authority news releases and top issues, video and multimedia features from our own Channel H20, a water-related news feed, access to Board agendas and documents, legislative information, and more.
Currently, the app is available for download in the Android, iPhone, and BlackBerry marketplaces. Note: The Blackberry app is designed to work on devices running 5.0 and 6.0 operating systems; exact functionality may differ between Blackberry devices.
Click on the video below to see a preview of the app!
We hope the app will help you stay informed on key water issues. Let us know what you think by submitting feedback, suggestions, or comments to our Facebook page or at email@example.com. Help us spread the word about this app by clicking on any of the “Share With a Friend” social media icons on the top right corner of this web page. Thank you for downloading!
The “Water News” app features four main content areas, delivering content from select Water Authority website pages. These four main content areas are:
- “Our News” - Delivers Water Authority news releases, short videos, and multimedia content. “Our News” pulls from the following website pages:
- “Top Issues” – Delivers content from the Water Authority’s Top Issues web page.
- “Related News” – Provides a 24-hour feed of the latest water-related news articles found and filtered by Google News.
“More” – The “More” section contains the following five areas:
- About Us – Water Authority overview
- Board Docs – Provides Water Authority Board agendas, documents, and presentations
- Legislation – Legislative Overview, Goals & Priorities, Water Authority positions and actions, Key Legislation, Legislators, and Resources
- Contact Us – Contact information, office hours, and directions
The app is available for download in the Android, iPhone, and BlackBerry marketplaces. Visit your smartphone’s app market and search for SDCWA or San Diego County Water Authority, or scan the barcode from your smart phone on this web page. Note: The Blackberry app is designed to work on devices running 5.0 and 6.0 operating systems; exact functionality may differ between Blackberry devices.
Download Our Android App Here
Download Our iphone ApP here