- Mission, Vision, Values & Strategies
- Frequently Asked Questions & Key Facts
- Member Agencies
- Our Offices
- Contact Us
- Board of
- Future Planning
- Local Supplies
- Imported Supplies
- Water Shortage and Drought Response
- Regional Water Use
- Water Quality
Facilities & Operations
- Construction Projects
- Project & Facility Tours
- Facilities & Operations
- Environmental Programs & Sustainability
- Emergency Preparedness & Security
- Right of Way
- Purchasing Overview
- Small Contractor Outreach and Opportunities Program
- Contracting Opportunities
- Vendor Registration
- Purchasing Resources
- Finance &
- Water Rates & Charges
- Financials / Investor Relations
- Member Agency Dates and General Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Policies, Resolutions & Ordinances
- Community Outreach
& School Programs
- News &
Love Your Water Smartphone Photo Contest
THE 2013 CONTEST HAS ENDED.
Stay tuned for future contests.
Love is in the air on Valentine’s Day, but it’s in the water all year-round!
Share a smartphone photo of water you cherish – or ways you value water – and you could win a romantic stay at the San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter. Be creative with the theme; it could mean a scenic shot of your favorite lake or an artsy shot of your low-flow showerhead.
Valentine’s Day – Thurs., Feb. 14, 2013
Photos must be submitted by Wed., March 20, 2013
(submitting photos sooner will give people more time to review and like on Facebook)
Winners will be announced on World Water Day – Fri., March 22, 2013
Beginning on Feb. 14, you may view the photos on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Facebook page and vote for your favorite by hitting the "like" button for that specific photo. You may vote for as many photos as you like. Participants must be 18 or older. The use of filters is acceptable. Editing may be done with an app installed on a phone but not on a computer.
The first 50 participants will receive a water-themed prize. Two grand prizes winners will be awarded a one-night stay at the San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter.
Help us spread the word by clicking on the any of the links below.
- Participants must be 18 or older. Winners will be asked to show proof of age.
- Photos must be taken with a cell phone or smartphone (iPhone, Android phone, Windows phone, etc.).
- Photos must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org directly from a phone for posting on the Water Authority’s Facebook page. Participants will be sent an email confirming receipt of the photo within two business days.
- The use of filters is acceptable. Editing may be done with an app installed in the phone but not on a computer.
- Color and black and white photos are acceptable.
Submissions must include first name, last name, and age of the photographer; the photographer’s city of residence and zip code; type of phone used; editing app used
(if applicable); date and location of the photo; and a description of how the image connects to the contest theme. The description should not exceed 140 characters.
- Participants may submit up to five images.
- Photos will be accepted from Feb. 14 through March 20.
- Winners will be announced on World Water Day, March 22.
- The first 50 participants will receive a water-themed prize.
- Two grand prizes will be awarded. They consist of one-night stays at the San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter. Redemption days are based on availability. One grand prize will be determined by the number of “likes” each entry has received on the Water Authority’s Facebook page. A panel of Water Authority staff will decide the second grand-prize winner and runners up based on originality, composition, and how well photos connect to the theme.
- Five runner-up prizes will be awarded based on a decision of Water Authority staff. Each prize consists of four one-day passes to the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center in Balboa Park.
- Employees and Board members of the Water Authority and their immediate families are not eligible for prizes but may contribute images.
Emailing your photo into the smartphone photo contest indicates that you have read and understood the rules and are knowingly and voluntarily participating in the contest.
By submitting a photo to the contest, the contestant affirms that he or she has obtained written consent from all individuals whose image or likeness appears in the photo. The contestant further affirms that he or she has obtained the necessary rights, licenses, consents and permissions to use all material in the photo and that no copyright or other intellectual property rights are violated by the submission. The contestant assumes sole responsibility for the photo and the material contained in it and also for the consequences of the submission.
Photo submissions must not contain obscenity, explicit sexual material, nudity, profanity, graphic violence, incitement to violence, commercial solicitation or commercial promotion. Submissions also must not contain content or images that could be considered abusive, inflammatory, denigrating or disrespectful to groups, individuals or institutions. Submissions must be suitable for a public audience.
The Water Authority is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected photos.
The Water Authority reserves the right to disqualify, at its sole and absolute discretion, any submission that does not adhere to these criteria, or to contest rules.
The Water Authority reserves the right to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the contest or take any action in its best interest.
By entering the photo contest, contestants grant the Water Authority and those authorized by it, a royalty-free, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce the entries in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational programs, publications, PowerPoint presentations, publicity efforts, and all other standard Water Authority purposes. Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. The Water Authority will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
The Water Authority assumes no liability or responsibility for any loss or harm resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the contest or ability or inability to upload, download or otherwise access any information in connection with participating in the contest. Water Authority assumes no responsibility or liability for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with participation in the contest.