- Mission, Vision, Values & Strategies
- Frequently Asked Questions & Key Facts
- Member Agencies
- Our Offices
- Contact Us
- Board of
- Enhancing Water Supply Reliability
- Future Planning
- Local Supplies
- Imported Supplies
- Water Shortage and Drought Response
- Regional Water Use
- Water Quality
Facilities & Operations
- Construction Projects
- Project & Facility Tours
- Facilities & Operations
- Environmental Programs & Sustainability
- Emergency Preparedness & Security
- Right of Way
- Purchasing Overview
- Small Contractor Outreach and Opportunities Program
- Contracting Opportunities
- Vendor Registration
- Purchasing Resources
- Finance &
- Water Rates & Charges
- Financials / Investor Relations
- Member Agency Dates and General Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Policies, Resolutions & Ordinances
- Community Outreach
& School Programs
- News &
Love Your Water Smartphone Photo Contest
Love is in the air on Valentine’s Day, but it’s in the water all year-round!
Share a smartphone photo of water you cherish – or ways you value water – and you could win a romantic package that includes a one-night stay at the San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter AND a gift certificate to Lou & Mickey's restaurant, a year-long family membership to the Water Conservation Garden in El Cajon, two passes to the Dorcas E. Utter Butterfly Pavilion, and 25 percent off an item in the Garden's gift shop (excludes books). Be creative with the theme; it could mean a scenic shot of your favorite lake or an artsy shot of your low-flow showerhead.
Water is a more important topic than ever this year as dry conditions have heightened awareness of water supplies and the need to use water efficiently.
Valentine’s Day – Friday, Feb. 14, 2014
Photos must be submitted by World Water Day, Saturday, March 22, 2014
(submitting photos sooner will give people more time to review and like on Facebook)
Winners will be announced the week of March 24, 2014
All prizes were generously donated to the Water Authority. A big thank you to all of our sponsors!
Beginning on Feb. 14, you may view the photos on the San Diego County Water Authority’s Facebook page and vote for your favorite by hitting the "like" button for that specific photo. You may vote for as many photos as you like. Participants must be 18 or older. The use of filters is acceptable (include which filter was used). Editing may be done with an app installed on a phone, but not on a computer.
The first 50 participants will receive two passes to
the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center (includes IMAX
movie). Two grand prizes winners will be awarded a one-night stay at the San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter. and a gift certificate to Lou & Mickey's restaurant in the Gaslamp.
Help us spread the word by clicking on the any of the links below.
- Participants must be 18 or older. Winners will be asked to show proof of age.
- Photos must be taken with a cell phone or smartphone (iPhone, Android phone, Windows phone, etc.).
- Participants must post photos to the San Diego County Water Authority's Facebook page. Water Authority staff will review and monitor photo postings before allowing them to show on the page.
- The use of filters is acceptable. Editing may be done with an app installed in the phone but not on a computer.
- Color and black and white photos are acceptable.
Submissions must include first name, last name, and age of the photographer; the photographer’s city of residence and zip code; type of phone used; editing app used
(if applicable); date and location of the photo; and a description of how the image connects to the contest theme. The description should not exceed 140 characters.
- Participants may submit up to five images.
- Photos will be accepted from Valentine's Day, Feb. 14 through World Water Day, March 22.
- Winners will be announced during the week of March 24.
- The first 50 participants will receive two passes to the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center (includes IMAX movie). Expires on April 30, 2014.
- Two grand prizes will be awarded. Each will win a one-night stays at the San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter and a gift certificate to Lou & Mickey's restaurant in the Gaslamp. Redemption days are based on availability.
- One grand prize will be determined by the number of “likes” each entry has received on the Water Authority’s Facebook page. A panel of Water Authority staff will decide the second grand-prize winner and runners up based on originality, composition, and how well photos connect to the theme.
- Four runner-up prizes will be awarded based on a decision of Water Authority staff. Each prize consists of restaurant gift certificates.
- Employees and Board members of the Water Authority and their immediate families are not eligible for prizes but may contribute images.
Submitting your photo into the smartphone photo contest on Facebook indicates that you have read and understood the rules and are knowingly and voluntarily participating in the contest.
By submitting a photo to the contest, the contestant affirms that he or she has obtained written consent from all individuals whose image or likeness appears in the photo. The contestant further affirms that he or she has obtained the necessary rights, licenses, consents and permissions to use all material in the photo and that no copyright or other intellectual property rights are violated by the submission. The contestant assumes sole responsibility for the photo and the material contained in it and also for the consequences of the submission.
Photo submissions must not contain obscenity, explicit sexual material, nudity, profanity, graphic violence, incitement to violence, commercial solicitation or commercial promotion. Submissions also must not contain content or images that could be considered abusive, inflammatory, denigrating or disrespectful to groups, individuals or institutions. Submissions must be suitable for a public audience.
The Water Authority is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected photos.
The Water Authority reserves the right to disqualify, at its sole and absolute discretion, any submission that does not adhere to these criteria, or to contest rules.
The Water Authority reserves the right to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the contest or take any action in its best interest.
By entering the photo contest, contestants grant the Water Authority and those authorized by it, a royalty-free, non-exclusive license to display, distribute, reproduce the entries in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any educational programs, publications, PowerPoint presentations, publicity efforts, and all other standard Water Authority purposes. Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer credit as feasible. The Water Authority will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.
The Water Authority assumes no liability or responsibility for any loss or harm resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the contest or ability or inability to upload, download or otherwise access any information in connection with participating in the contest. Water Authority assumes no responsibility or liability for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with participation in the contest.